The National Service Scheme (NSS) was officially started on 24th September 1969, to establish a cordial relationship between the campus and the community. To fulfill the dreams of Mahatma Gandhi, Father of our nation, the youths are motivated to work for the upliftment of the village and community. Therefore for the national reconstruction and national resurgence it was deemed fit that the students and teachers should be properly sensitized and utilized for strengthening the Indian society as a whole with particular emphasis on rural community. So the basic components of NSS such as youth, teachers and community works together to achieve its mission. As Gandhiji dreamt to secure India in the hands of the youth, NSS is striving to achieve it.
Vision, Mission and Objectives
NSS is growing its members with a vision of serving the society and tackle the social oppression of the downtrodden masses and the upliftment of the every citizen of the country.
NOT ME BUT YOU is the motto of NSS, which inspires the youth to do social services and it aims in education through community as well as social services. And to bring out the human values in students as well as next generation.
- Understand the community in which they work
- Self-awareness through social and community services.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process
- Develop of both social and civic responsibility
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- To build leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- To cope up with the emergencies and natural disasters and
- Helps the students in socialization and thus develop the civic sense in them.
The following members shall constitute the NSS of Christ College
|1||Fr. James Neendussery CMI, Manager|
|2||Fr. Burney Tharappil CMI, Secretary|
|1||Fr. Dr. Alex Louis CMI|
|2||Fr. Anoop Thuruthimattam CMI|
|3||Mr. Joji Joseph (NSS Programme Officer)|
|4||Ms. Shem Maria Cherian|
For further queries you may please Message to Principal
Click here for report of NSS